Error in JIRA Agile: "JIRA Agile is currently unavailable. This might be because an upgrade task has failed to run or has not not yet completed."

Mayank Jain June 12, 2014

I've just migrated our JIRA over from OnDemand to a self hosted instance on Azure. I've restored everything from the previous project. I can't figure out why I'm getting this error. I've created the Business Value field like other similar questions mentioned, and attempted to grant all privileges to the database to the jirauser, however maybe I did this tasks incorrectly or the problem is just something else. I have no idea.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2014

Hey there, I think that you are probably hitting into this bug - GHS-10759. It was supposed to be fixed in JIRA Agile 6.4, however, it appeared that in that version, there was a critical bug - GHS-10778. As a result, that specific version of JIRA Agile was taken off the Marketplace.

For now, I'd say that the best course of action would be to watch the bug ticket, and stay tuned for updates as to when it would be fixed so that JIRA Agile 6.4 will be released in the Marketplace again :)

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2014

Since you are importing data from an OnDemand instance, I think I know what the root issue may be. Generally, this kind if issue occurs when there is a mis-match between the version of JIRA Agile that is used on OnDemand and your standalone version.

If you aren't using Oracle (which has a known bug as mentioned before), try to upgrade your current version of the JIRA Agile plugin to the latest version available here and see how it goes.

0 votes
Umberto Misso June 12, 2014

Did you install the jira agile plugin, mybe it would help to reinstall it from the plugin manager! Remove and reinstall would not affect the content! The normal jira instanz is running correctly // dashboards etc. ..!? What about the logfile when jira starts, are there any errors during plugin initialisation!?

Suggest an answer