Error during "Migrate to cloud" Jira Server to Jira Cloud migration

eirens August 1, 2020

I'm running a migration of tickets from Jira Server 8.3.5 to Jira Cloud. I'm doing this migration from Jira Server using its {Gear > System > Migrate to cloud} feature.

My migration fails with this error in its log. Nothing else in the log:

2020-08-01 21:41:33.718 ERROR TS17 project-import We couldn't import Workflow Scheme 'Manually Created Workflow Scheme'. Reason: A issue type with ID '10017' does not exist.. This caused 29126 other items to fail.

Could someone please tell me how to fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2020

Hello @eirens

Thank you for reaching out.

By the description of the error, I believe you might be facing the bug below, where a deleted issue type still linked to your workflow scheme:

Cannot Edit Workflow Scheme with error Issue Type does not exist 

Could you please check what is the issue type related to the ID "10017" and confirm if it is deleted or not being used? 

The following database query can be used to identify the name of issue type and if it currently exists in your database:

select from issuetype where id = '10017'

Also, you can use a JQL filter in the issue navigator to check if you have any issues using this issue type:

issuetype = 10017

If the issue type is not being used, try the following workaround options:

Option A) Recreate the Workflow Scheme from scratch (not Copy scheme as the copy contains the corruption) and reassign Projects to that new Scheme.

Option B) Manually fix the database:

Important: Always backup your instance before running any database queries.

Find the Scheme Entity in the DB and remove it, which will remove the link between the issue type and workflow:

select * from workflowschemeentity where issuetype = '10017';

Manually delete the relation of that Issue Type to active and inactive workflow schemes:

delete from workflowschemeentity where issuetype = '10200';
delete from draftworkflowschemeentity where issuetype = '10200';

Also, feel free to vote and watch the bug to increase its priority and also receive notifications about its fix implementation.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events