Error: Something isn't letting us move [ISSUE] to Done.

Lia Bakker March 25, 2019

Error I receive: Something isn't letting us move [Issue nr] to Done. Ask your project administrator to check the workflow settings and transition conditions.

Within the workflow I have checked the box Allow all statuses to transition to this one, to the desired swimlane.

Help?

3 answers

7 votes
Lia Bakker March 27, 2019

Wait, I reconsidered the transitions. I checked the "allow all statuses to transition to this one" at the resolved/closed status but also on the Bug fixing etc. statuses. So now I allow both ways to transition, and it works!!

Thanks for both of your help @Jack Brickey  and @John Funk 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2019

Great - glad that works for you now. 

Can you click on the Accept the Answer for us? Thanks!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2019

Are there conditions or validators on the transition to Done?

Lia Bakker March 26, 2019

No conditions intended.... I can not find any restrictions within the board. But the board was already created when I started, so maybe I am missing something.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2019

Can you show a screenshot of the transition to Done to show the conditions?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2019

Actually, show the transition to whichever status you are trying to move to (Resolved or Closed). Also, can you move cards to other columns on this board? Otherwise you might want to check the Permissions scheme for the project. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2019

NMI...can you post your workflow and your Column config under board settings?

workflow.PNG

Column config.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2019

that is some workflow for sure. :-) 

So your Done column is composed of Resolved and Closed statuses. I cannot tell from the diagram where the transitions to these two statuses are tied to but they do not have an "All" transition if that is what you intended. My next question is - for the error condition what is the 'from' status and do you have a transition from that status? If so then inspect that transition (double-click the transition in the workflow edit screen) for any validators that may not have been met for the issue you are trying to transition.

Suggest an answer