Error ID: 2997705595724bf192b7f14c5f034258 creating JIRA ticket from Outlook

Julia O'Day November 12, 2020

I use the JIRA plugin to create JIRA tickets from Outlook. Recently the "Assignee" field shows "unable to load users' and the plugin crashed with "Error ID: 2997705595724bf192b7f14c5f034258".

Suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2020

Hi @Julia O'Day 

Thank you for reporting this. We've identified the regression and have already pushed the fix. It will work in 30 minutes.

Regarding the app crashed with the error. Do you remember exactly which field you clicked after which it crashed?

"Assignee". The message in the dropdown was something to the effect of "failed to load user list"

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2020

Should work now. Could you please check?

progress, but still not there. When I select the"Assignee" drop down I see the default for the epic and my name, and I can select myself as the assignee. However as soon as I try to select another field to populate it crashes

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2020

@Julia O'Day would you be able to record a short video? It will be helpful as I can't reproduce it so far.

I have a video. How do I get it to you

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2020

Could you please send us feedback using the add-in with the link to this community post?

jira-outlook-feedback.png

You will get a confirmation email in a few minutes. Then you can reply to it with the video.

Thank you!

Just did it. I hope I did it right- wasn't sure if I was reporting a bug or leaving a comment....

replied to the email- the video is too big to send via email so there is a link to the file on Google Drive. Please let me know if You can't get it and we will try something else

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2020

Thank you, I can see it.

It seems like a problem with some field that is hidden under the "Show more" button. I'd like to ask you to do one more thing. Could you please open this add-in in Outlook web client? https://outlook.com or https://outlook.live.com and do the same thing with the same project - select assignee and then click "Show more". Does it work?

Also, I like the background music on the video, was listening to the same song, when I was writing this message, so I could reproduce the same atmosphere :)

Unfortunately, I do not have any add-ins in my Outlook web access.

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2020

Interesting, it should work, as long as you use the same email address. The add-in is installed on account (email), not the Outlook client. You can find it here (the UI is a bit different than Outlook desktop):

outloo-add-in.png

Anyway, if you use the same account in Outlook web and in Outlook desktop and still can't see the add-in, then I'll see what I can get from the video. I'll continue tomorrow, it's a bit late for me :)

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
November 13, 2020

@Julia O'Day I was able to reproduce this bug today and fixed it already. Could you please give it another try?

Julia O'Day November 13, 2020

Tested- looks good! I did not go all the way through creating the ticket, but I did not get an error when selecting the dropdown. Will let you know if I see anything else. Thanks so much!

Like Vitalii Saienko likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events