Epics not appearing in filter

Bryony Youngs [Administrator] August 16, 2017

I have one project that for some reason the epics do not appear when I select Resolution = "Unresolved".  I've added the resolution column to the issue navigator and can confirm that nothing appears in that column.  Any ideas why JIRA thinks they have been resolved?

1 answer

0 votes
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

Hi,

JIRA doesn't think they have been resolved, JIRA thinks that empty Resolution field is obviously not equal to "Unresolved".

I thought issues were unresolved until they had their resolution field set to something?  There's nothing in the resolution field so I have no idea what JIRA thinks their resolution status is or how I can make it unresolved...

I just checked and the issues don't appear with any of the resolution options on the filter.  The only way to make them appear is to remove resolution entirely from the filter.

Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

I suppose you have not standard situation. Every issue should have not empty resolution value. You can update this issues directly in your database using SQL to set them a resolution value.

We're using the cloud version of JIRA so I'm not sure if your updating the database comment is valid?

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2017

No you obviously can't run SQL on the cloud version.

Have you tried typing in an advanced filter resolution =  and seeing what pops up as possible options? You may need to put resolution is EMPTY, which seems to be valid

You're right, resolution is empty is valid, but the issues still don't show up even when I try that.  The search returns the same issues as resolution = unresolved.  The options given in the auto-complete of the advanced filter are exactly the same as in the basic filter list.  I've opened an issue with Atlassian support in the hope they can look under the covers and see what the resolution has managed to get itself set to.

Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer