Epics in Versions

mauricio.tello December 11, 2019

Hello everyone! I created versions and epics on my project, and right now I want to map the epics with the versions they are going to be worked on, is there a way to do so?

I couldn't find the way to include the Epic in a Version

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Laycy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

Hi Mauricio,

An Epic can't be assigned to a version at the moment unfortunately, issues within an Epic can be though, and this can be done in bulk via advanced issue view > top right corner, bulk change - IF, your instance is setup to allow you to undertake bulk changes.

There's an item in the JIRA backlog requesting that Atlassian add this functionality, which you may want to watch and vote for - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9009

- Alex

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

Hi @mauricio.tello 

As @Alex Laycy mentioned the association is done through the issues/stories. You decide what stories are part of version 1.0 or version 1.1 and if they are part of any specific epic or not. The backlog view lets you drag and drop multiple stories to either versions or epics easily and it also shows nice tags/labels on the backlog view to see those mappings.

See the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 18.42.15.png

Ravi

Manishkumar Benkar April 6, 2020

Thanks !!!

Suggest an answer