Epics and colour coded tasks on the work view

Hans Anderson March 5, 2013

I love the colour coded labels in the planning view for tasks that belong to epics. How can I get the same thing when viewing the tasks in the work view?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

You definitely could change the color on the left of the card, just use syntax like 'Epic Link = <issue key for epic>' to apply specific colours to specific Epics.

Thanks,
Shaun

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

I'm pretty sure that this is not possible at the moment. The most you can do is make a swimlane for Epics.

Hans Anderson March 6, 2013

It looks like I could change the colour of tasks in the work board view by using a custom query. That would be somewhat helpful. There is a property for querying the colour of the epic that each task belongs to but I don't know what to put on the right side of the = sign in the query.

Suggest an answer