Epic links

Edvinas January 21, 2021

Hello,

I have an issue that user cant link epics. If he goes to Edit screen he choose epic link for example E8 and press update epic not visible in form. But in history i can see that he made a change. With other users everything is fine. Rights same like other users.Screenshot_5.pngScreenshot_1.png

But if i link an epic everyone sees a linkScreenshot_2.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Edvinas January 22, 2021

Epic was from other project, gave him right and now its working

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Ah great to hear! Glad you fixed it. So, please ignore my answer - I submitted it the moment you save your answer :)

Like Edvinas likes this
0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Hi @Edvinas

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I understand you right the user can link the Epic using "Edit" in the edit screen but afterwards the epic won't be displayed in "view" screen.

Are there probably Apps involved like Script Runner Behavious trying to hide the field?

Maybe unconventional but an idea would also be to put him to jira-administrators for a short second and to utilize the "Where is my field?" Admin Helper (https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-core/jira-admins-where-is-your-field).
When you say other users are seeing the field meanwhile I suppose the basic configuration is fine, though - it would be just to get that confirmed from the Admin Helper.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

does the user have access to view/edit the epics ?
Are there any special permissions set in place ?

Edvinas January 21, 2021

No he has same premissions as others

Edvinas January 21, 2021

If i give him that project admin, he has the same issue.

Suggest an answer