Epic link not showing up in the “Search Test” list

Sarita Chorashia February 25, 2021

Epic link not showing up in the “Search Test” list i.e, under the Search Tests result that is displayed, Epic Link column can be seen but data is not populated even though the Tests are tagged to Epics, and stories are also linked to Tests and Epic issue but still the report is not picking up the Epic link data.

1 answer

0 votes
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2021

Hi @Sarita Chorashia ,

that menu shortcut is just a way to redirect you to the Issue search page, filtering by the Test issues; it's not an actual report. Therefore, what you can see there is just information directly available for the related Test issues (i.e., its direct fields).

You can eventually add the column "Linked issues" to see the immediate linked issues, such as Story issues (if the Tests are directly covering Story issues).

Regards

Sergio

Nitin Kapadia September 9, 2021

Hi Sergio, is there a way to modify and save the query that the 'Search Tests' link points to? For example when I click on the link it has this query behind it project=10005 AND issuetype=Test, but I need to change this query and save my new query

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2021

Hi @Nitin Kapadia , that link is non-customizable. However, if you do have ScriptRunner app for Jira, then you can implement a customization such as the one I describe in: https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Integration+with+ScriptRunner#IntegrationwithScriptRunner-AddacustomlinktotheTeststopmenu 

Suggest an answer