Epic link in issue view (team managed)

Yaron Shragai May 27, 2022

Hi,

In my team-managed project, when I view an issue, there is no "Epic link" in the context sidebar the way there is in my colleague's company-managed project.

And, in the issue configuration, I don't see a way to add an Epic link field.

An "Epic link" field is very useful for easily moving an issue from one epic to another. (The only other way that I can see to do it, in my team-managed project, is from the Backlog view, when turning on the Epic panel.)

Is there a way to add an Epic link field to the issue layout in a team-managed project?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Hi @Yaron Shragai - Epic Link is specific to company-managed projects.  In Team-managed projects, the epic is captured in the parent field.

As for viewing the epic panel... you just need to be in the backlog, then click "Epic" (located in the heading above your backlog) and toggle the Epic panel

2022-05-27_15-11-55.jpg

Note - For Kanban... If you haven't already done so, turn on the Backlog from Project Settings >> Features.  Then once you're in the backlog it'll work just like the scrum board backlog.

Suggest an answer