Epic labels on stories do not show up for epics in other projects

Tomas Larsson October 21, 2013

In the "Plan" view of an agile board, the name of the connected epic shows up as a "label" on the story. However, if the epic and the story is not in the same project, then no such label shows up. I have verified this by putting the epic in the same project (label shows up) and then moving the epic to another project (label disappears). The agile board has been set up to show issues from both projects, so the epic still shows up in the left column, just not as a label. Is this a bug or is there some way around this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kim Poulsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2013

I have several projects in my filter as well, and several Epics for each project.

They all show in the left side bar as expected. I just tried to assign (by drag and drop) one issue to an epic on another project without any problems. The label shows up just fine.

My filter looks like this:

project in ("PROJA", "PROJB", "PROJC") OR assignee in (usr1, usr2) AND project = PROJD ORDER BY Rank ASC

Jira is 6.06 and Jira Agile is 6.3.3 currently.

So not a solution but at least a confirmation that it should work as you expect.

Tomas Larsson October 21, 2013

Thanks for the input! We are still running Jira 6.0 and Jira Agile 6.3, so we'll upgrade and I'm crossing my fingers that it will work here too after that.

Deleted user November 2, 2014

This works, but now you are not able to use "Simplified Workflow" - right?

Jerf H June 7, 2018

This totally fixed my issue as well. Thanks Kim!

Suggest an answer