Epic issue type is missing from fresh Jira Cloud and Scrum project

Margus Pala August 12, 2018

Under Project Settings > Issue Types Jira only lists Bug, Story and Task. There should be default functionality Epic but it is missing. It is possible to create new types but this is not the same as built in type. Account was just created and Project is type Scrum. How to get Epic as issue type in Scrum project?

3 answers

1 vote
Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2018

Hi @Margus Pala

Thank you for raising the question in community. I'm sorry for the inconvenience you're having with your new account.

You're correct. The scrum project you landed on is the new experience we've been rolling out. It's easy and simple to setup but missing a few features at the moment. If you're looking for epic, story point, subtask, or advanced workflow configuration, please create another project called 'Scrum (classic)'. If you're not the admin of the instance, you'll have to raise a request for this.

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 9.07.41 am.pngIn the meantime, epic will be the next item to be introduced in the new experience. 

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

Erika

Atlassian product manager

Aprajita Mathur September 14, 2018

@Erika SaBy when do u plan to roll this out ? Is there anyway of getting these features added to a newly created project ?

Like Rimi_Parashar likes this
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2018

If you have Jira Software installed, then there will be "Epic" in the global list of issue types.  It is possible to delete it (although I'm not sure you can on Cloud), which nicely breaks a lot of stuff.

As an admin edit the project "issue type scheme" and drag Epic back into the list.

0 votes
Margus Pala August 12, 2018

If fact the issue was that there is some new Scrum project type that is totally stripped down from all the main Jira functions almost to the Level of Trello. Creating Scrum (classic) type of project is all good.

Suggest an answer