Epic completed tickets discrepancy

Enrique Berzosa October 19, 2021

Hello,

I'm seeing some discrepancy in how many tickets count as 'done' in an Epic depending on if I look at them at the Epic itself or in the backlog. This happens for more than one Epic.

Epic itself:

Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 08.26.32.png

Backlog view:

Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 08.27.29.png

I believe the 8 tickets that appear as completed are Abandoned tickets. Anything else is not counted towards the completed counter.

Could you please help me to understand what's going on here and how can I match those views?

Thank you,

Enrique

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

The status bar in the Detail View of the Epic is reflecting the child issues that are assigned a Status that is in the "Done" category. 

The Completed bubble in the Epic pane in the Backlog view is reflecting the issues that are in a status that is mapped to the column farthest to the right on your board.

Are all the "Done" statuses assigned to the column farthest to the right on your board?

Enrique Berzosa October 19, 2021

Thanks, that explains it!

I have a board with just 1 column (abandoned) and all other issues are in the backlog. I'm using this backlog to be able to sort (rank) the issues inside Epics as I found this was the easiest path as you cannot drag and drop issues in the Epic itself.

Suggest an answer