Epic color tags not filled anymore - Can this be reverted/configured?

Timo Rumland February 18, 2014

We use JIRA OnDemand and JIRA Agile for our development planning. Recently, there was an update that changed those colored Epic tags to be outlined and not filled anymore.

I really don't like this change, because it is way more harder so spot related tickets in the backlog based on the epic color - have a look at "blue", "dark blue", "purple" and "brown". Depending on your monitor and the brightness of the daylight, it is very hard to see the difference.

Is there any way to configure this in OnDemand, so those epic tags are color-filled again?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2014

Hi Timo,

Unfortunately there's no way to configure epic colors in the recent versions of JIRA Agile (6.3.7 onwards). There have been several requests to revert to the old background fill color, though. You may want to follow Ability to change the Epic Labels Colour Palette for future updates.

Regards,

Andy

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2014

I agree. I'm not sure why something was removed and the reason for investing resources into making this change and making it a priority to chance. It now makes it much, much harder to see the epics.

0 votes
Benjamin Trevett January 27, 2016

Hi,

It seems that this is still an issue and the fix mentioned above didnt really address the problem.  Reverting back to old colours is not allowing users to customise them =/

They seem to be locked in the latest version of JIRA...

Suggest an answer