Epic child issues does not show all status types

Lauren Gordon-Fahn November 28, 2022

We have a status we created "Demo" which has a status of "In Progress". (See Image)
When I look at an epic's full detail "card" and see "all" the "child issues" associated with that epic I do not see issues that are in the state "Demo". (See Image)

Anyone know how to make sure an epic view shows all it's child issues no matter what the status is?

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 8.25.06 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-29 at 8.26.35 AM.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lauren Gordon-Fahn November 29, 2022

Though this was not a board. I was able to take the following steps to fix the "filter" that impacts how "Child Issues" display on  Epic Cards:

1) Navigate to any epic full view. (Select a Project | A Board | Backlog | Epics | Click open an epic | Click on the Link text for the epic "Ticket" name)
2) Scroll to the bottom of the chosen epic to the section labeled "Child issues" and click the three dot menu
3) Select the option "View in Search" from the menu
4) Click "Switch to basic" link option next to the filter search bar
5) Select all desired "Status" options - do not change anything else this fix though includes one epic in the filter seems to properly implement it self on other epics  - don't know why but what works works
6) Press "Save as" to keep the filter update with all desired "Status"

0 votes
Victor Barros November 28, 2022

Hello, @Lauren Gordon-Fahn welcome aboard.

With the information that you provided it's not possible to see a solution though you can try first to see if the filter that you are seeing on your board is well configured with these statuses you mentioned.

Also, you can try to check if the epic link is set on the child issue. the child issue must be Standard Type to be a Story and this need to be well suited inside the Issue Type Hierarchy on Issues -> Issue Types -> Epic Hierarchy.

Do not know if I can help with that information but give it a try and check these points that I write here and if help don't forget to vote for this answer :)

Though this was not a board. I was able to take steps to fix the "filter" that impacts how "Child Issues" display on  Epic Cards. I will share my steps and images below.

Thank you for suggesting this could be a filter issue.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

Hi Lauren - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you share the screen you are looking at which does not show all of the Epics? 

Also, what category of status is the Demo status? To Do? In Progress? Done? 

Demo has a status of "In Progress"
Requested Image has been added to the main request for help above. 

Thank you!

I just found the solution. I will list it below. Thank you so much for your time and help. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Glad you figured it out! Just curious, was the Demo status brand new? Or did you rename it that from an existing status? 

Suggest an answer