Epic/Theme field is not on the Create Epic screen when creating an Epic from with JIRA Agile

Jeanne Howe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2015

If I create an Epic from within JIRA, the create screen displays the Epic/Theme field and I can add a value.

If I create an Epic from with JIRA Agile (click create epic from the backlog view) the only fields on the create screen are Epic Name and Summary. How can I get the Epic/Theme to display when creating an Epic from within JIRA Agile?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015

In the "Create Epic" screen - do you see the "Configure Fields" list in the upper right? Click on it and choose the fields you want to see. 

createepic.png

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2015

As with many other Admins I have elected to disable the 'Configure Fields' feature and to put in place custom screens/workflows that implement our custom processes in Jira.

Is it possible to have the 'Create Epic' link call back the screen as from the 'Create' button?

Suggest an answer