Entered stories don't show up in agile board in OnDemand environment

JIRA-EBP (Admin) July 9, 2013

Dear atlassians,

I am using JIRA + Greenhopper since several years, where the software was installed in a customer environment. Now I've started using JIRA+greenhopper with on demand service (just signed up on Monday) and this works not as expected.

Here my steps to reproduce:

I just created a new agile project as administrator which I called sbox (SBOX). The project shows up in the planning board.

Then I add a few new stories (also using my administrator account).

Problem: The stories don't show up in the backlog. No filter is active, such as "only my issues" or "recently updated".

But I don't see these. I can only see the new stories wihtin the regular JIRA issues list. I didn't do any change in the basic configuration, meaning adapting the workflow or so. I even didn't create any user account yet.

I tried to create another agile project with the same result.

I've tried to import the sample project (SSP) and this seems to work as expected showing entries within the backlog.

In my eyes, this seems to be a JIRA/Greenhopper problem. I need urgent help, since we want to start our first sprint these days.

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2013

Check if the issues are part of the boards filter and make sure the status they are in when you create the is mapped to a column of your board

JIRA-EBP (Admin) July 21, 2013

The problem within the project has been fixed by manually applying the greenhopper workflow and then by following the steps to properly map the workflow steps by hand. Additionally, I had to apply the workaround for GHS-5741 as described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/hAX7EQ

All in all, it works now, but it is hard that you run into such problems, because the only thing I wanted is to get it working as with the SSP project and this doesn't come out of the box with the currently provided new project assistent as described in my initial report (see top of page). I can see, that other people might also run into the problems, because I was just using the assistent which was bringing the new project into an inconsistent state.

So I'm still interested, if there are any actions taken by the greenhopper/jira on-demand team to fix this.

0 votes
JIRA-EBP (Admin) July 9, 2013

The following information was helpful to guide me into the solution:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Your+issue+XXX+has+been+created+but+is+not+currently+visible+on+the+Rapid+Board

The problem is, that a new project doesn't get the Greenhopper workflow scheme assigned.

Suggest an answer