Emailed search results - possible to get output in Excel file?

jhaughton January 10, 2018

Hello,

I have a user who receives a daily email with results of a search filter, and they now want to be able to import the contents into another system. Obviously the standard JIRA output format doesn't make that very easy.

I know it's a long shot, but is there any way to get filter results emailed to users in an alternative format, such as Excel/.csv, that would be easier to manipulate?

Many thanks,

Jodie

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 10, 2018

Hi @jhaughton,

You can definitely do it with the combination of Better Excel Plugin and Excel Automation Plugin, and it's not even a long shot :)

Here you find more on how it would work and this tutorial video shows it in action.

Full disclosure, I'm proudly working for Midori, the developer of Better Excel and Excel Automation Plugin.

Thanks for the mention, @Jack Brickey!

Sounds useful, will take a look. Thank you!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2018

Automatically - not w/o an add on app (maybe Better Excel Plugin)

Manually - certainly. Just create the desired filter query, export to CSV

Hi Jack, many thanks for the speedy reply! The business users are looking at automatically only, and I had a feeling a plugin would be the only way...but because I've only just taken on our Jira system I just wanted to check :)

Suggest an answer