Email requests notification

Victor Micu January 12, 2021

Hi

I recently created an software project. Added an incoming email, and set up the handler (so users can create tasks/incidents by submitting an email)

The problem is that when a user send an email, the issue is created, but the user doesn't receive any notification of that although if you see below, he should receive one. 

Notifications are only received when modifications are made to the issue (status changes, comments)

2021-01-12_10-12-11.png

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Victor Micu 

However you can also see the line below in which every user can pick for themselves if they get emails on changes they have made. 

So since the ticket was created by that user, they won't get an email notification. 

The restrictive notifications are important around Notification Helper since they are "blocking" all the "success" criteria. 

Hope it helps

Victor Micu January 12, 2021

Understood. So how can i change it so the user that sends an email will receive a notification that his request was received?

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

I wouldn't suggest changing that default setting as it means also other changes as comments and status changes will be sending notifications going forward and instead will suggest creating an automation rule which send an email to the reporter when the ticket comes from an email. Try to find a unique way to identify these emails first, of course (like setting a priority or some sort of default assignee). 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events