Email notifications stopped being sent

Claire Scott February 22, 2021

Good Day,

on 4th February, I somehow stopped receiving my email notifications, I checked with our IT department  and they confirmed nothing on our side is blocking them, the Jira system just stopped trying to deliver the messages to my email address. 

how do I contact someone to check this out for me ?

All assistance is appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2021

Hello @Claire Scott,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

Checking your email address on our tools, I found a bounce due to the following error:

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [VE1EUR01FT041.eop-EUR01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

I removed this bounce and the notifications should work now.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Claire Scott February 24, 2021

Thank you Angelica,

it is now working again,  thanks for fixing it. much appreciated.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

Hey @Claire Scott ,

One way to first test whether the configuration is still good you can use the "notification helper" https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/

This will tell you if a mail is supposed to be going out.

If that is fine and you haven't changed anything else you can open a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/contact

thank you Dirk, I had my manager check and I am supposed to get notifications, so Ill move forward to 2nd step - contacting support.

this is where it gets stuck - It wont let me contact support..   I only have these options:

Getting help from the Atlassian Community

Ask questions or browse discussions to find the information you need. Support staff and developers from Atlassian check in regularly to help answer tricky or highly technical questions.

Explore Community

Check out our Jira Software how-to guides

You'll find info on how to set up Jira Software and make the most of its features in our online documentation.

View Documentation

If you need technical support, ask your admin to file a request on your behalf. Only Jira Software admins, billing contacts, and technical contacts can create support requests for Jira Software. Learn more about Atlassian Support Offerings

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

I see, that would be since you are on a Free plan then. Which is odd as your are listed as Standard here on the community (which does allow for Atlassian support).

I'll escalate the issue to Atlassian to see if they can check the logs (which only they can do)

thank you very much Dirk. greatly appreciated.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2021

Hi @Claire Scott 

Please check with you personal settings for notifications and notification scheme used in your project in case of Jira.

If all these things are fine, you may want to contact the Atlassian team.

Here is an example

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/I-stopped-receiving-email-notifications/qaq-p/1478249

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/I-stopped-receiving-email-notifications/qaq-p/1533518

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events