Email notifications does not work for Software project while for Service desk project it works

Krzysztof July 23, 2019

Hello,

I have managed to set up Email notifications for Service desk project, it send emails as desired. Unfortunetaly it does not work with  Software project, the notification are not being send. The outgoing test mail is working correctly. 

Regards,

Krzysztof

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2019

Hey Krzysztof, welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you've got your SMTP configured well, as you mentioned the test passes. Service Desk and Software projects both use the same SMTP configuration, so that's more proof that the SMTP server configuration is good.

What it sounds like might be happening to me is that the Notification Scheme for the Software project isn't matching your expectations. In cases like this, I like to use the Notification Helper in Jira to determine what emails should be triggered for particular events on issues. Here are the steps to get to the Notification Helper and use it:

1. Choose the Jira icon (, or ) > Jira settings > System
  2. Click Admin Helper > Notification Helper.
  3. Enter the name of the user whose notification settings you want to check. Leave this blank for anonymous users.
  4. Enter the issue key of interest. For example, the issue about which the specified user isn't getting event email notifications.
  5. Select the notification event that you want to check for the user.
  6. Click Submit.

If the notification helper shows you that notifications aren't being sent for actions you expect them to, you'll need to adjust the notification scheme (or potentially add users to project roles that might be in the scheme) for the project. You can follow our documentation here for working with notification schemes.

Let me know if something's still not quite right and we can keep going from there!

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer