Email Notification when EPIC is marked as done?

Tudor Hofnar April 16, 2013

Is there any possible way to send an Email when a EPIC is marked as done or closed? I would like to send the email to a user which is not a JIRA user.

So for example, say we are working on a fix for something internal to our company and we need to notify the people it affects. Once the we are finished, we mark the EPIC as done, and an email is sent to them, if not with marking an EPIC as done, maybe with closing the EPIC? Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

Checkout the JIRA script runner plugin, it can send custom emails. It should be able to help

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Sendacustomemail

0 votes
Tudor Hofnar April 17, 2013

Thanks Colin, I actually had something working, kind of a workaround. I created an internal JIRA account with the email address of the person who does not uses JIRA. In our case it was for billing.

And I have a User Select field on the EPIC's which is set to that billing account by default. I changed the permission scheme slightly so now it sends a notification when the EPIC is closed/resolved to that account as well, which seems to be working! However, now we scrapped that idea and will use SharePoint haha, oh well....Thanks again!

Suggest an answer