Email-Handler how parser email fileds in email body ?

mariarosaria_cuomo_tisparkle_com July 30, 2021

I triyng to customize the email-handler in order to create a issue from specific Email, but I dont understand how the Email-halndler parses the Email body ?
how can I set a specific fileds with specific fileds in email ? in wich format XML JSON ?
I didnt find any suggestion in documentation

PS: The email-handler works perfectly, it takes the Emails and it creates the issues,  but without order in the fields.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

If you wish to parse the description (email body) you would look to Automation using Conditions to inspect the text - automation-conditions 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

Ah I see you are on Server so Automation for Jira is an addon

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2021

The email handlers take the subject of the email as the summary, and the body to be the description.

They do not try to parse anything else out of the body or process anything, they just import the text.

mariarosaria_cuomo_tisparkle_com July 30, 2021

Thx,  I installed the  Email handler PRO,  but doenst work ....

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2021

There's several email handler apps out there, I'm not sure which one you might mean.  I've worked mainly with JEMH and Scriptrunner mail handlers (and the ones I've written myself, although those were hard-coded parsing rather than flexibly reads of content).  "It doesn't work" is not going to get us very far with helping you with it I'm afraid.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events