Either you or the rule actor for this rule is missing some required permissions: ASSIGN_ISSUES

Ron Jackson June 22, 2022

Hey Guys, 
We have a User who has the Assign-Issues permissions in Jira. 
I have an automation in place where any new tickets should be assigned to said User. 

I have followed the process and added the user however, when I goto Save, I get the error below. 

Screenshot 2022-06-22 at 16.50.48.png

Would anyone have an idea what Im doing wrong? 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ron Jackson June 23, 2022

Thank you @Aaron Geister 
I have looked into this further and used the Permission Helper. 
The response from Permission Helper is that the user in question has all the correct permissions for "Dev Ops" tickets. Permissions.png

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

@Ron Jackson Now we can check the workflows for conditions but if the workflows have never been edited than we can rule that out.

Another thing to try is to delete the automation and recreate it. 

Make sure you in project automation and not global. 

One more thing I would question is if your using issue security?

Ron Jackson June 23, 2022

Thank you @Aaron Geister 
So we have resolved the issue. 
The user in question who actually created the rule, has left the business. Simply changing the rule to me, allowed me to amend to Ryan as the default. 

Thanks very much for your help. Appreciate it. 

Like Aaron Geister likes this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

I am very happy you have figured this out. Take care and the community is here to help. If you could mark that the solution helped you that would be great. Thank you for letting us know the outcome. 

1 vote
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2022

Hello @Ron Jackson 

A few things you can check to help with this. 
1st. Check to see if this user is in the project that your setting this automation up for.

2nd. Check to make sure they have the correct role that will allow them to have assign issue permission as you stated. 

3rd. Check to see if there are any workflow condition that are stopping this from happening. If there is assignee condition in the workflow that will stop the automation from completing as the automation can't override the workflow conditions. 

Some ways to check to see if they have permission or what they are missing you can use the Permission Helper. If you navigate to an issue and press GG on the keyboard this will bring up a menu. After that you can search for "permission helper", and fill out the permission helper form. This usually will tell you what the user is missing. 

I will ask do you know if he has been able to be assigned issue in the project. The other thing to check is the automation rule doesn't have any conditions of what type of issue so it will assign him to all issues. 

I would start here with these things to check whether or not any thing is blocking him. 

0 votes
Ron Jackson June 22, 2022

Many thanks @Aaron Geister 
I will start there! 

Suggest an answer