Editing a item under a field= Change the item from a lower case to a upper case

Deleted user June 18, 2021

I have a field called Label:

I want to edit one of the items-

ehancement

Enhancement

Change lower case enhancement to  Upper Case Enhancement

Making this change will impact the work that has already been labeled? Will this be a global change for all items that were labeled with the lower case?

2 answers

0 votes
Rajesh Kumar Reddy June 18, 2021

Labels are global to entire Jira across Projects. Labels are case sensitive. In your case "enhancement" is different from "Enhancement".

Case 1: You can replace the old label for all the issues. In this case, the filters / dashboards based on old label will be impacted.

Case 2: You can add the new label to all the issues. In this case, the old filters / dashboards based on old value will not be impacted.

Hope this clarifies your question.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

Hi Arcolia - If I am correct, changing the value will just result in a new value being added. If both enhancement and Enhancement already exist, then you can make the change with no problem. But if you change from enhancement to Enhancement, there's a good chance you will end of up with both anyways. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events