Editing Jira date and time format

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2020

Hi all,

I'm wanting to change the Jira date and time format to dd/MMM/yy (e.g. 06/Oct/20).

I know that I need to edit the jira.date.picker.java.format and the jira.date.picker.javascript.format Keys in the Jira admin advanced settings, as well as the date format in the Look and Feel Sections, and have followed the documentation here to change the format to my desired format.

However, Jira is still displaying 2020/10/14, with the year appearing at the start... Does anyone have any clue why this may be?? This isn't even Jira's default date format!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2020

Hello Callum,

Thank you for your question.

The issue that you are facing is related to a bug on the new issue view.

Please, click on "This affects my team" and also watch to receive updates about the bug.

If you are using a classic project, the workaround, for now, is to use the old view.

Regards,
Angélica

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2020

Thanks @Angélica Luz !

Like Angélica Luz likes this
SYSCONNECT HELPDESK May 12, 2021

Hi.

Situation still remains... although modifying on advanced system settings and on look and feel date/time, it does not respects the modified format and shows the "american" format.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2021

Hello Miguel,

Thanks for reaching out to Community!

The bugs are still in progress, that’s why when modifying the settings and look and feel, the dates are not showing in the desired format. 

Please, watch both bugs so that you are notified when our developers fix the issue.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Like SYSCONNECT HELPDESK likes this
0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2020

Hi @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ in profile section i think, there is time zone selection only , not sure

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events