Easy Agile Story Maps - Filter hierarchy items

Aaron Harris November 19, 2021

Just trying out Easy Agile Story Maps and have turned on the hierarchy view to add our objective layer above Epics, however the project used for objectives also contains objectives for other teams which then show up on the Story Map.

I can see how to filter Epics/Issues however none of these filters seem to apply to the hierarchy level, and I can't see an option to filter the items included from the source project the hierarchy items exist within.

Is this possible at all or just a limitation of the current solution?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jerome Salimao November 21, 2021

Hi Aaron,

It's great to hear that you've been trying our new Hierarchy functionality.

It's currently not possible to filter issues in the top level of the Hierarchy. We do have an issue on our backlog (currently unscheduled) relating to this.

I've made a note of this post on the issue - we'll be in touch with any future updates.

We'd love to hear any other questions or feedback about this feature.

Feel free to send us an email if you'd like to chat. support@easyagile.com

Regards,

Jerome 
Developer @ Easy Agile

Aaron Harris November 22, 2021

Thanks @Jerome Salimao any updates when you have them would be much appreciated, at the moment no other specific feedback but will get in touch if needed.

Sebastian Ziemke December 8, 2021

Hi @Jerome Salimao , 
I really think I must have missed something. We have over 500 top level items (e.g. Initiatives), in our project. A large number of them are already done. The done ones still show when I switch the hierarchy on, including the ones, which have nothing to do with the board I want to display.
Surely you guys thought about this when introducing this feature. I was so looking forward for this feature and can't use it now. 

Jerome Salimao December 8, 2021

Hi Sebastian,

Great to hear that you have tried using the new Hierarchy functionality in Storymaps.

As mentioned we do have a ticket on our backlog already. It unfortunately didn't make the first cut of this feature, but we'll reach out when it is deployed.

Thanks for your feedback!

Jerome @ Easy Agile

ankit mundra March 1, 2022

Hi Jerome,

Do we have an estimate when this is scheduled? This will make our organization use the tool without much changes on requirement structure we have been following. 

Thanks,

Ankit

Tenille _ Easy Agile
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 2, 2022

Hi @ankit mundra,

Tenille here from Easy Agile. The work on epic filtering for the hierarchy is scheduled to begin in the next few weeks. We'll post an update here when it has been released. 

Cheers

Tenille @ Easy Agile 

0 votes
Tenille _ Easy Agile
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 20, 2022

Hi Aaron, Ankit, Sebastian 👋
@Aaron Harris @ankit mundra @Sebastian Ziemke 

A quick note to advise that we've very recently released filtering for story map hierarchy. The new release enables filtering of third level issues by status category, and gives you the ability to show or hide unlinked third level issues. Details of the update are here:  https://updates.easyagile.com/announcements/introducing-hierarchy-filters

Cheers

Tenille @ Easy Agile

Suggest an answer