Dynamic filter

camilo ariza barrero August 15, 2018

Hello community,

I'd like to create filter which returns all tickets where I'm assignee or watcher and also the filter must be automatically updated/runned every 4h or 5h. Unfortunately if I use updatedDate>=-4h , it shows me only the tickets that were updated in the last 4h but I'd like that the filter runs every 4h. Is it possible to achieve this and if so, how?

Thanks in advanced,

Camilo.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2018

@camilo ariza barreroYou  can  use the filter subscription that  will  return  you  email  with  the filter result every  4 hours ( by defining  your interval )

please see here   Receiving Search Results via Email

Best!

camilo ariza barrero August 16, 2018

Hi @Moses Thomas

the subscription feature works perfectly :) .

The idea of reciving emails due to subscription feature is to reduce the quantity of emails that I get every time an issue is updated. Normally  I get "x" emails when "x" updates are done. With the subscription and filter, I get one email with the updated issues. But e.g if my filter is running every 4h (it means I'd get an email every 4h) and an update occurs before I get the next email in 4h, it means that I'd get a notification email with the update, right?... There's a way that I only get the notifications through the subscription? Because I'd like to avoid getting so many notifications/emails in my inbox?

Thank you very much,

BR,

Camilo

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2018

@camilo ariza barreroYou will  have to  modify the notification scheme, for this  particular project to  suit this  need!

best!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2018

Hi @camilo ariza barrero,

You can try combining filters and subscriptions.

The subscription feature allows you to configure the filter to run every 4 hours and send the results via email.

Refer to the following document:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0710/working-with-search-results-953147039.html#Workingwithsearchresults-subscribeSubscribingtoyoursearchresults

camilo ariza barrero August 15, 2018

Thank you very much for the info. I'd be testing it today :)

Hi @Ollie Guan

the subscription feature works perfectly :) .

The idea of reciving emails due to subscription feature is to reduce the quantity of emails that I get every time an issue is updated. Normally  I get "x" emails when "x" updates are done. With the subscription and filter, I get one email with the updated issues. But e.g if my filter is running every 4h (it means I'd get an email every 4h) and an update occurs before I get the next email in 4h, it means that I'd get a notification email with the update, right?... There's a way that I only get the notifications through the subscription? Because I'd like to avoid getting so many notifications/emails in my inbox?

Thank you very much,

BR,

Camilo

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2018

Hi @camilo ariza barrero,

The notification when each issue is created or changed depends on the configuration of the notifications Scheme. You can modify it as follows:

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/jadm-docs-0710/Creating+a+notification+scheme

notify.png

thank you @Ollie Guan

Suggest an answer