During import of data into JIRA get Duplicate entry '10000' for key 'PRIMARY'

Clint Pollock November 15, 2017

When I import the exported data from another JIRA system I get this error.

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Duplicate entry '10000' for key 'PRIMARY'
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

I ran the integrity check on the original system and it did seem to find and fix errors around this duplicate entry '10000' problem.  I re exported the backup, and tried re importing it but get the same error.  The integrity check comes back clean on the original server now.

Original server is 

• v7.3.0#73011-sha1:3c73d0e

New server is most current version downloaded 11/13/17.

2 answers

0 votes
Clint Pollock November 21, 2017

That article gave me some insight, but I was not able to get the queries right.

I went into the database Feature table and there was one entry with 10000, so I changed the ID to 99999 in the DB, then re-exported, and then I was able to get the import process to work on the new server. The instance seems to be working well so far.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2017

Did you adjust the sequence table as well?

0 votes
Lenard Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

Hello Clint,

You could be hitting into the problem described here in this KB. Could you confirm by running the diagnosis, and then performing the suggested resolution.

As a precaution, I would recommend backing up your database prior to performing any update query on the database.

Regards,
Lenard

Suggest an answer