Duplicating the Description field

Hayley Rodgers December 7, 2021

Hey!

I really like how the Description core field has more advanced text editing options (eg tables, formatted lists, panels etc). Is it possible to create another field with these extensive text editing options (eg for "Feedback") or is a multiline text field all that's possible? I've got a photo with an example of the two field types below:

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 5.13.08 pm.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Add a "multiline text" type custom field, then configure its renderer to "wiki style". That should give you essentially the same wysiwyg editor...

See: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-renderers/

Hayley Rodgers December 8, 2021

Thanks for your reply! 

However... when I go to create a custom field, these are the only text options I have: 

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 9.22.49 am.png

And then clicking through for each of them, I can't see any renderer options... and looking at this page I can't find how to get the wiki renderer either?

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 9.19.58 am.png

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

The renderer can configured via the Field Configuration!

(It is not a property of the field alone, therefore it cannot be configured in the screen you tried it.)

Like Hayley Rodgers likes this
Hayley Rodgers December 9, 2021

This is incredible... thankyou!!!

Like Aron Gombas _Midori_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events