Duplicating Atlassian OnDemand Environments

Will Dailey December 3, 2013

We are considering using Atlassian OnDemand as a training environment for our consulting teams. We will create a rich Confluence, Jira and Agile model environment with examples of the problems our consulting teams have to solve. We may eventually include BitBucket and Bamboo as well, but not to start. Our ideal is to create a master environment and then replicate each time we want the consulting teams to train or practice. When done we will shut these environments down or overwrite them with the master image. Is there a way to create images and then mirror them to new OnDemand sites? At the max this is probable two to four concurrent sites? If this can not be done in OnDemand then will you confirm I can do this by purchasing onsite licenses and installing my own instances. Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2013

Hi Will,

The easiest way to do this is by working with virtual machines, this will not be possible in OnDemand.

Install your Master image on a VM and take a snapshot, now you can export this snapshot to as many VM's as you like (there are several in the cload VM providers where you can do this).

They only thing you'll need to do is change the license keys of the different installations after you've started them up.

I'm not entirely sure if you need seperate licenses or if you can buy one license and use the developers license for the other instances, that's a questions for sales@atlassian.com

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer