Duplicate values coming up in query due to multiple components assigned to a bug

Kapil Arora July 29, 2019

Hi all,

I have a query which returns bugs based upon the component, but when using the same query in Dashboard with 2D filter results gadget it shows me list of extra values.

For example, my query is below:

project = "ABC" AND component in ("Function X", "Function Y", "Function Z") AND issuetype = bug AND resolution = unresolved

If one of the bugs is assigned components "Function X", "Integration I", so the table in the Dashboard is returning values for the component "Integration I" as well. The bottom row is fine as it says "Unique Issues" but anyone looking into the table will see there are irrelevant bugs.

Is there a way to resolve this so as to get Unique values in table as well?

Thanks.

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2019

This is correct, it's not reporting duplicates. It is telling you how many issues in your filter match each component.

Your filter includes issues which have "integration I" set, so it reports on it. 

I think what you're looking for is the ability to ignore some of the results and only report on a selected list of components.  That's not what the statistics gadgets are for, you'll need to use something else.  Possibly break up your filter into three, one for each component, and use three gadgets to get numbers by each component separately.

Kapil Arora July 29, 2019

I am reporting on 7 components so it won't look good with 7 different tables and also if I use the same 2D filter stats then it will again show the same results, since even though that component is not in the filter but the issue it's linked to is being reported.

Can you recommend any other gadget which can resolve this issue? or would Rich Filter can be of some help?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer