Due date

Annie Johansson April 30, 2021

I have a Company managed software (Classic project) where I would like to work with Due dates. I would like it to look like this.

In the board:

Deadline.PNG

In the card:

Due date.PNG

But right now I can´t find how to solve this in the board.

Can you help me?

2 answers

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

@Annie Johansson ,

Is the field Due Date on the screen used in your Jira Project?
Go the project settings and choose for Screens and look at the configured view-screen.

Regards, Marco

This is what I can see. How do I proceed?

Due date.PNG

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

And can you click on “PI:Kanban Default issue Screen” and does the screen open? If so, can you add Due Date there?

Annie Johansson May 3, 2021

I tried this but this is the only thing I see:

Default screen.PNG

Annie Johansson May 3, 2021

Can the reason for me not getting this working be that it is a KANBAN-board and not a Sprint-board?

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2021

Hi @Annie Johansson ,

I don't think the type of board is the reason.

When you click on "PI - Test Case Screen" do you get a screen with fields?
If so, can you add Due Date there?

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 08.37.50.png

Annie Johansson May 5, 2021

Now there is a Due Date, but I can´t find "Due date" or any field with a Date in the cards in the KANBAN:
Due date.PNGNo du date in card.PNG

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2021

Could you please confirm if the "Due Date" is visible from "Field Layout" (please follow the steps linked here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-field-layout-in-the-issue-view/)

It should be, at least for a test, listed under "Context field" - assuming "Due Date" is on the correct screen (you can check this even from the "Field Layout" configuration screen, on the top!) it should appear there.

...and...

Please also check if the field is by any chance hidden as per "Field Configuration" (you can find details here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-issue-field-configurations/)

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2021

Hi @Annie Johansson ,

When you are on your board and choose for ... Board Settings and then for Card layout. In Card layout you can add fields to your cards. 
Is this the option you're looking for?

Regards, Marco

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

And note that you are limited to three fields that can be added to a card. 

Thanks Marco!

I tried this but I still can´t see the due date, neither on the car or in the card. Did I miss something? Please se below :)

Board settings.pngSettings for Dev-board.pngInformation in card.png

Thanks Jack!
Which fields are limitet and which are ordinary? Please see my screenshot below what I have today.

Restrictions.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events