Due Date Field Duplicated

Big Jim November 7, 2017

I am new to Jira and am setting up a demo project.

I added a custom field Due Date and then later on read that to automatically enable a Due Date I need to change the permission scheme to schedule issues.

I did this but now I see one Due Date in Custom Fields but two in Field Configurations and two appear when in the drop down when I want to add the field to a screen.

Question : When the permission scheme is changed to schedule issue does the Due Date appear automatically in custom fields or should it not appear at all there ?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017

Due date should be in the list of custom fields once, as it's a custom field you added.  There's only one time I can think that it won't be there, but you'd be missing other custom fields as well.  I'd take another look!

The permission scheme won't affect that list at all.

Big Jim November 9, 2017

Thanks Nic. I guess that when you enable schedule issues that the Due Date field appears automatically ? I solved this problem by removing the due date field from my  issues, deleting the custom field I had created, then I was left with only one Due Date field (which I had not created).

Suggest an answer