Drop down Quick Filter

Jeff Isenberg October 19, 2012

Is there a way to have a Quick Filter that's a dropdown of, for example, Components? This would be much nicer than adding a button for every component.

5 answers

1 vote
Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 13, 2017

The solution is to migrate or your Quick Filters into the Agile Board Filter add-on. Afterwards you'll get your Dropdowns :)

board filtering.png

Cheers

Przemyslaw

1 vote
Jeff Isenberg October 19, 2012

More detail: During planning a product owner may want to quickly filter their view of the backlog by Component so they can find stuff to move to the top. I'd like to enable this w/o adding a button for every component.

Bonus: allow a quick filter on the Epic/Theme field so I can quickly filter the backlog to see only items tagged with a specific Epic.

0 votes
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

Hi Jeff,

There is no ability to have a dropdown on the quick filters today. There is a story on the backlog for this, GHS-4735. Please watch that issue for progress.

Also, as John mentioned below, Epic support will be coming to Labs soon. Keep an eye out for that.

Thanks Jeff,
Nick Muldoon

0 votes
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2012

Oh! In that case, use Card Colours for components and Epic support is rumoured to be coming soon.

0 votes
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2012

I think that Swimlanes are best for this requirement.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Swimlanes

Suggest an answer