Drag to a column in the table with several optional statuses

Karin Benson July 11, 2021

Hey (:
I have a board with a column that has 2 possible  statuses : Done and Cancel.

When I move a task to that column I see the the two sections options to choose where to drag it. Sometimes the developers are confusing and move it to a wrong section in the column.

Is there any possible way to prevent this? Maybe an approved notification after the drag?

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2021

My suggestion is to have a single status “Done” and use the Resolution field to designate either done or canceled. Set a screen to the transition to Done with a Validator requiring the Resolution field. Second alternative, keep cancelled status but leave unmapped on board. You loose the ability to drag and drop to cancelled but you can use the detail views to transition to what should be a rare transition.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2021

Hi,

You will need to work with your workflow, try to add a condition to show only one transition to the developer, then they must be able to drop the ticket only in one section.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-conditions

Karin Benson July 12, 2021

It was very helpful! thanks!

1 vote
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2021

How many columns have you got in total? Are you using a company-managed project or a team-managed project?

You might want to consider editing the workflow and adding an explicit transition and/or a rule to ensure that the developers are moving it to DONE or CANCEL with the right information.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events