Don't show field on certain issues

Linus Fallert October 3, 2021

Hey there,

I'm in a team managed project, customer management. Whenever we create a new task, 8 Sub-Tasks will automatically be created, which will split the customer management in small steps.

Now about the problem: For one of those Sub-Tasks, we need Dropdowns, which I added in settings -> issue types -> Sub-Task. Unfortunately, I didn't find a way yet to only show this field in the one sub task, not in all of them. 

Is there any way to get this fixed or is Jira not able to "hide" fields for all except one Sub-Task?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

Hi @Linus Fallert  - Were you able to get what you needed? 

0 votes
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2021

Hi @Linus Fallert 

Welcome to the Atlassian !!

I would suggest you please check field configuration once.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/edit-a-custom-fields-options/

custom field needs to be configured 

1. Screen --> field should be added to the screen of issue type & project associated with 

2. configuration --> scope needs to be extended to the project and issue type you want the field

Thanks,

Mayur

Linus Fallert October 4, 2021

Hi @Mayur Jadhav ,

Thanks for your fast response. I did check everything you told me, but later realized that these configurations don't affect team-based projects, right? 

I'm working with one of those team-based projects. Anything else you can recommend? After another hour, I managed to get the custom field on screen, but only for every Sub-Task, which is really confusing...

Best regards, 

Linus

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2021

If you want that field to another issue type you need to follow the same method which you applied for subtask

Linus Fallert October 4, 2021

That's not it...

For these 8 Sub-Tasks, I only want 2 of them to show the field (all of those are Sub-Tasks). Is it possible to do so, that only 2 of them show the field and the others leave it "hidden", or do I need to look for a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer