Does this thing actually work on onDemand?

Doron Gill March 11, 2014

Still struggling here.

Finally got this to run on my onDemand instance.

Some stories do not appear on the map. Very basic research into the matter make me think that this applies to stories created before the plugin was installed... but not 100% sure.

Next... I cannot for the life of me see multiple projects

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

lol!!!

Good thing you caught up to it!!!

I was refering to the User Story Map plugin.

Thanks for the tip!!!!

0 votes
Doron Gill March 17, 2014

Misunderstanding. I'm good.

Story Map still sucks

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2014

Hi,

First off: Yes it does work on onDemand :)

You should take a look at the filters that are behind your board to see multiple projects.

Some more information can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Configuring+a+Board

Stories that are already closed will not be visible on the board.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Best regards,

Peter

Thanks for your prompt response.

So for starters I only have access to boards which are project related and not for example a custom board I built which spans two projects. (BTW - are you from Atlassian Support? Do you have access to my onDemand instance?)

Also there are some open stories that will not display (once again, the only thing distinguishing those stories is that they were created before the plugin was installed).

Finally the UI is not like in the manual. For example I do not have a "Create Epic" button

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2014

Hi

No I'm not from Atlassian Support, this is a customer forum on which customers and Atlassian experts can help eachother. So No I don't have access to your instance :)

If you want to get direct support from Atlassian you should create a request here : https://support.atlassian.com

Did you create these boards yourself? Or did somebody else create these for you?

Which kind of board did you create? A Kanban or a A Scrum board?

Could you post a screenshot of your board?

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is going wrong.

Best regards,

Peter

I do appreciate your patience. Thank you.

Unfortunately posting an image is challenging as one can only post URL's...

Anyways... let's start with the most basic...in my StoryMap screen there is a dropdown menu with the boards I can see. This includes only Scrum Boards related to projects. How can I get other boards (e.g. I have a board that gathers stories by their epics) to show on this dropdown.

Alternatively, how can I show the contents of more than one board in the StoryMap screen? The User Manual has some instructions on how to build the url to do that. This does not lend itself to the OnDemand version.

Thank you

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2014

Are you sure you're talking about the JIRA Agile plugin? As defined here :

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira

Or are you talking about the Agile User Story Map plugin? As defined here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.bit.agile.bit-storymap

I just want to be absolutely clear, and I also don't know the second plugin at all, so I can't help you there. If this is the case I would advise you to edit your question and add the following tag: addon-com.bit.agile.bit-storymap that will notify the creator of this plugin of your question.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer