Does need to be Story issue to get Swimlanes for subtasks?

Andrzej Polok February 8, 2018

Hey,

We have two teams working on one project. One of team use Kanban board and have no sprints, and the second one use sprint and SCRUM board. 

We've created different types of issues like Bugs, OperationIssues, Improvements, Task, Technical Task, and subtasks etc.. 

I settet up different workflow for sub-tasks, then it doesnt need to follow exactly same workflow as main issues. This work fine. 

The problem is for the team using SCRUM board. They're creating some subtask for issues. Bu issues are not always "Story" issues - sometimes its improvement issues, sometimes bugs etc. Is that possible to show the other issue types on the same way as Story-issue type so long the other-issue-type have sub-tasks?  I cannot convert all issues to story-issues then i lost control over issue-types. Right now, when I'm creating subtasks for non-story issues then the subtasks are not visible in board at all.

So, on the SCRUM board I would like to have columns for sub-task workflow and each task with subtasks as a swimelane including all those sub-tasks. 

1 answer

0 votes
Victor Florin Pana February 8, 2018

Hello,

Are the subtask workflow statuses mapped to the board?

Also, is the board JQL configured properly?

Regards,

Victor

Suggest an answer