Does marking an issue with "Done" status send any notification the Requester?

Allan.Ford January 20, 2019

Does marking an issue with a "Done" status send any notification to the Requester?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2019

Generally yes the reporter of the issue will receive a notification. The only scenario where this would not occur is if you changed the notification scheme to not do so.

Thanks Jack - what about the Requester ? Will they receive a notification as well as the Reporter ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2019

Follows the same rules, I.e. based on the notifications configured. 

Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2019

In JIRA, Requester is reporter of the issue. So if in the notification scheme if you added the notify  reporter to the Issue closed event, reporter will receive the notifications.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2019

@Sid, actually the Requestor and Reporter are or can be different. The Reporter is the creator of the ticket but the Requestor can be used in cases where the reporter is opening on behalf of someone else.

Like Allan.Ford likes this

Yep - I've got a Requester of Michael ... and a Reporter of Q ..  (my team leader) ..  Michael is the person wanting the work done ..

Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2019

@Jack Brickey, I agree with you. 

Suggest an answer