Does epic implementation change significantly between GH 5.4 and GH 5.10?

Kathy Kathy July 2, 2012

We're currently using GH 5.4 but looking to upgrade sometime. There's a request to implement Epics in GH now but I'm hesitant to do it if the implementation changes dramatically with the new version and I will just have to do it all over again when we upgrade. Anyone done a similar upgrade with Epics in place?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2012

If you are using epics on the planning board in GH 5.4, you can view all stories associated an epic by clicking the epic's key at the bottom right of the story cards. If you continue to use the planning board in GH 5.10, the epic functionality stays the same. However if you plan to switch to Rapid Board in GH 5.10, you might find some of these handy epic functionality missing, though you can still create epics and associate stories with the epics.

I think the GreenHopper team is planning to add better epic handling to Rapid Board in the future. I just don't know about the time frame.

Suggest an answer