Does clicking 'Start Sprint' send an email?

Ian Whalen October 15, 2012

Obviously this will depend somewhat on the notification scheme being used by the project, but is it possible to check somewhere what emails will be generated (and who will receive them) when I make a sprint active in Greenhopper?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ian Whalen October 23, 2012

The answer here is 'Yes, this does generate an email.' Starting a sprint counts as an update to the 'sprint' field which results in an email to anyone who will get a notification due to the 'Issue Updated' event being fired.

1 vote
Vikas Gupta July 18, 2018

Hello, Today I started a sprint but no email was sent to primary/secondary scrummaster or anyone? Reviving an old thread - does jira send emails on starting sprints?

1 vote
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

Hi Ian,

In your log file search for the term "Sending mailitem" and see if you find something.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

Emails are not generated while Sprints are started in GreenHopper, it is not supported.

You can add a new feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS

Ian Whalen October 23, 2012

Unfortunately I don't have enough karma to downvote you, Renjith, but I've just confirmed that you are 100% wrong (through practical experience). Starting a sprint counts as an update to the 'sprint' field which results in an email to anyone who will get a notification due to the 'Issue Updated' event being fired.

Suggest an answer