Does any body have a Project Plan Template for Jira server migration to cloud

Christian Menghi February 8, 2021

hi there, 

We are planning the migration to cloud, but cannot find a simple template for the project plan.

I fear to miss something or put redundant effort on something already given.

Any thoughts? Any recommendation or input  is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Chris Menghi:.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

Hi @Christian Menghi  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you seen this documentation on such a migration:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/migrate-from-jira-server-to-jira-cloud-972349848.html

Best regards,

Bill

Christian Menghi February 8, 2021

Thanks Bill for the headsup on this one.

I was thinking more towards the Project Management POV.

Divide the project in chunks, and creates phases with, I believe now the topics and steps detailed in the link you indicated before.

I´ll try to create something PM oriented out of that.

Thanks again

Chris Menghi :.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

Gotcha...No doubt there's a PMI certificate holder who may respond with a template.  ;^)

I expect that if you do a browser search you will find a few examples on the interwebs.

Good luck with the project!

Christian Menghi February 10, 2021

Thanks Bill.

Stay Safe.

CM:.

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2021

Yes, this is available - please see the article from Rachel:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Cloud-Migration/How-to-avoid-the-top-Jira-migration-mistakes/ba-p/1585961

At the very bottom you will find a link to her e-book where you can find the templates you are requesting.

Christian Menghi February 10, 2021

Thanks Daniel, 

Stay Safe

CM:.

Suggest an answer