Does JIRA upgrade retain all the users and projects from the old version?

Chinmaya Dash October 18, 2019

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade JIRA from 7.6 to 7.13.9, the latest enterprise release. I went through the upgrade documentation. It has almost all the steps, however I have one question.

Does this upgrade retain all the projects and users from old version or we need to restore it from backup. if so, then how to achieve that. Any guidance on this will be highly appreciable.

Thank you!

Regards

Chinmay Dash

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2019

Hello @Chinmaya Dash , 

you can follow the documentation for upgrading, it will keep all your data (projects, issues, users, configuration ...). No need to restore from backup, you can upgrade directly.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Chinmaya Dash October 18, 2019

Thank you Alexis for quick reply, This helps...

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2019

you're welcome ! please remember to mark this answer as accepted so that other users can find it if they run into the same issue :)

Thanks !

Chinmaya Dash October 23, 2019

As JIRA 8.5 is released now, can I upgrade my JIRA 7.6 to 8.5 directly? this information has not been mentioned on the 8.5 upgrade documentation. please help.

Thank you!

Best regards

Chinmay Dash

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 23, 2019

Hello, 

yes you can upgrade directly to Jira 8.5 - be sure to test on a non-production environment first ! Have a look at this guide : https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/jira-8-5-enterprise-release-upgrade-guide-976161392.html 

Chinmaya Dash October 23, 2019

Thank you so much Alexis. it helps.

Suggest an answer