Does JIRA/Agile support Spanish language along with English?

Jijo John September 24, 2014

Hello,

One of my client requirement is to have English and Spanish language in JIRA and Agile.

My questions are :

1) What (how to) is the best implementation method to to have English and Spanish language in JIRA and Agile.

2) Do i need to use default language as Spanish for this? how to change default language.

3) Does JIRA/Agile support Spanish language pack On demand and standalone installation?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jijo

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

Hi,

1) You can have either in your system configuration. It depends on your profile configuration the language you choose is the language shown for you.

2) The default language is set in the General Configuration in administration section.

3) Both versions support the Spanish language pack.

0 votes
Jijo John September 24, 2014

Hi Ramiro,

Thanks much for your answers!

Quick question, If i chose English as default, is there any way people can enter comments/description/summary etc in Spanish language?

I would like to use both language options on single JIRA instance. does it possible?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2014

Sorry for not responding earlier! I don't have access anymore to the mail configured in my profile so I don't get the notifications. Regarding to your question yes it is possible to add any info in the language you like since this is not checked by the application.

Suggest an answer