Does Greenhopper lock-out uses when its maintenance license expires?

Alastair Bain September 24, 2012

I can't reproduce this, but I just had all users locked out of Greenhopper (the menu's which are usually under the Agile tab became inaccessible). When I logged in as administrator, I was taken directly to the plugins page where Greenhopper was showing that its maintenance license had expired. Since we'd already purchased an updated license, I plugged this in and suddenly everyone had access again.

Has anyone else experience this? My understanding was that license renewals were only required for updates/maintenance, not for continued operation.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2012

Hello Bainorama,

This is usually caused by a problem between GreenHopper and the installed UPM version. Then, I recommend to you update your UPM and restart JIRA to see if the problem persists.

Cheers!

0 votes
Damon Tkoch January 30, 2013

This is apparently a problem with the atlassian plugin manager, not the license. It is still a problem, despite the atlassian support tickets saying otherwise; it just happened to me.

I do have a solution.

Based on Atlassian support comments, I first tried to auto-update UPM; that failed. I then manually stopped JIRA, uploaded the UPM and restarted JIRA per this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Updating+the+Universal+Plugin+Manager#UpdatingtheUniversalPluginManager-UpdatingUPMbyfilereplacement

That successfully updated the UPM to the latest version (2.8) but after restarting JIRA, Greenhopper was still locked out; clicking the 'Agile' tab takes me right to the UPM with the greenhopper section expanded.

Based on another comment about swapping licenses to an eval version then back to your expired-but-valid license, I resubmitted my greenhopper license: in the UPM greenhopper section, click on the edit icon next to 'license key', add a space to the end of the license text, then Update. You will see green "License successfully updated" text and Greenhopper will now work.

Suggest an answer