Does Agile Sprint Health Gadget work with built in 'software development' workflow?

Ted Tencza March 31, 2014

Have just set up the Agile Spint Health Gadget on a dashboard, and it shows 0% work complete, even after 5% of sprint points are done. Does the gadget recognize 'Done' status (the built in status for the software development project workflow) as complete? Is there another setting that needs to be checked to have this metric show work completed?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ted Tencza April 2, 2014

Atlassian Support has solved this issue. There was a column with no mapped statuses as the right-most column. This meant the column did not show on the Sprint board, but it is the column that the issues must be in to be counted as done in the 'work completed' calculation. Deleting the unused column fixed the problem.

The burndown chart uses a different calculation for considering 'done' and showed the sprint points were marked complete.

2 votes
MichaelA March 31, 2014

Depends on the gadget's selected board's definition of 'done'. The sprint health gadget counts issues with statuses that are mapped to the done column of a board as complete.

Ted Tencza March 31, 2014

Thanks Michael. The gadget is not counting the issues in the done column on the board I set up.

See - http://i.imgur.com/QVD6ggQ.png

MichaelA March 31, 2014

Are you sure those two gadgets are using the same board? If the problem persists please create an issue at https://support.atlassian.com

Ted Tencza April 1, 2014

It was not meant as April Fool's Day joke, the gadgets reflect the same sprint.

MichaelA April 1, 2014

Sprints can exist on multiple boards. They are tied to the issues visible on a board. So it is possible to see a different progress of a sprint based on the board it's viewed on.

Ted Tencza April 1, 2014

Same board, same sprint, same filter, same issues, same refresh rate. Support ticket created. Thanks.

Frank Sattler September 20, 2018

@Ted Tencza : have you found a solution back then? I am facing exactly the same problem and cannot find anywhere a solution. The "Work completed" indicator remains on zero while several user stories are in status "done", the resolution is on "done" and the estimation config for the board is set to story points and "none".

Annemieke Raven December 19, 2018

@Ted Tencza and @Frank Sattler: I am facing same problem. Cannot find support ticket to track if it has been picked up. Do you already have an answer?

Frank Sattler January 29, 2019

@Annemieke Raven: no - I haven`t heard back from Atlassian. Still: with the help of someone in a great Slack group (Hands-on Agile), I have identified the root cause for the observed problem (at least in our instance).

Check the following: do your columns (e.g. 1 - To do, 2 - In Progress, 3 - In Review, 4 - Completed) match with the settings for your project? To check, open your  project in JIRA, open the navigation pane on the left hand side, and open project settings. There should be a navigation item "Workflows". Here, open the "Project Default Workflow".

Now you see the workflow serving as standard for your project. If this workflow does not match with the categories in the plug-in "Agile Sprint Health Gadget", the related values will not be calculated at all or incorrectly. Once the workflow matches the gadget`s categories, the calculation and display of values should work correctly.

The JIRA group in Hands-on Agile is great...so just join the community over there (if you haven`t done yet).

Annemieke Raven January 29, 2019

@Frank Sattler Thanks for you help! I cannot find the project settings so probably I will have to contact the admin for this. Will do this and will join the Hands-on Agile group.

Frank Sattler January 29, 2019

@Annemieke Raven: sry - have forgotten to mention that: you need to have admin rights - as already figured out by you. Look forward to seeing you in Hands-On Agile...more than 4,500 agile minded professionals from around the world.

0 votes
Ahmet Kilic _catworkx December 5, 2019

Check out my answer please, perhaps it could be helpful for your case as well.

0 votes
Ahmet Kilic _catworkx December 5, 2019

Hallo everyone,

I had the same problem and analyse -check out all my colleagues issues as Jira admin and one more time of course atlassian document as linked below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile064/jira-agile-user-s-guide/using-the-jira-agile-gadgets/using-the-sprint-health-gadget

Long story short I've noticed that it causes entirely the null "Story Points" fields. If you wish to get healty results with this gadget, please tell your colleagues to fill certainly out this field.

Necessarily, an issue details should seem like the picture below:

story points field.png

Sincerely,

Ahmet

Suggest an answer