• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Documenting BDD Scenario's

Hi All, 

I'm a Test Manager working on a project that is following BDD. Currently we document our BDD scenario's in Description field in Jira however this is making it difficult to report on so I was just wondering if you have any advice on how we could structure it better so that I know how many scenario's we have and how many have been tested. 

Also does anyone know the best way to tag a story as functional? We have over 1000 user stories however not all are functional so need to find a way of tagging.

Thanks in advance 

2 answers

Hi @Clare Butcher 

How you capture your Behavior Driven Development (BDD) scenarios may depend upon how your team is defining the scenarios.  If they are all stand-alone, customer facing, you could split each into a task/story.  If not, please consider one of the testing addon tools to better manage the scenarios and the traceability you are asking about.

Regarding tagging issues as functional, have you considered using Labels, Components, or a custom field to do so?  I would suggest starting with Labels to help you learn if there is finer granularity than just "functional" that you want to manage.

Best regards,

Bill

Hi @Clare Butcher 

Writing BDD scenarios in description field is where we started a few years ago.  Since then we developed the AssertThat plugin for hosting all your BDD scenarios. 

The plugin allows you to have a central place to manage your features and scenarios, and also link / view them against each of your user stories.  It also has the reporting and traceability functionality you have eluded to in your message.

If you would like a demo then please get in contact 

Many Thanks

Nick

support@assertthat.com

AssertThat Marketplace Vendor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

75 views 4 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you