Documentation installing JIRA self hosted

Selo Axapli November 12, 2017

Hello,

I can't find any documentation how we can install JIRA on a webserver instead of local.

Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2017

If by "web server", you mean "another computer that runs as a server", there is no difference in installing.  Whereever you install Jira, it runs as a service.  If you're planning to make it available to lots of people on that server, you may want to think about using a proper name and getting rid of the port numbers so that other users see it as part of your web site.

If you do mean "run it on my own Tomcat/Glassfish/Websphere/etc", then mark Alexey right - you really don't want to try to do that because you'd have to extract it all from an install, and it's not fun (or stable, or supported)

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2017

Hello,

Do you mean that you want to install Jira on an existing web server or Java container? For example, you have already Tomcat installed and you want to add Jira there? If so, then from Jira 7.0 Atlassian stopped releasing war distributions.

You can read more here about it

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/installing-jira-war-720411820.html

0 votes
Oib-wan Kenobi May 10, 2019

Hello guys, i'm stuck i find nothing about installing jira server on azure "vm" or maybe scaleway

Can you help me ? thx

Suggest an answer