Do done epics must stay in the backlog or they should dissapear?

Viviana Paola Gómez Paneso September 16, 2022

I don't want to see epics in status done in my backlog, How can I change this? 

When all the tasks from an epic are done I change the status of the epic to done, but they still appear in my backlog panel. see an example

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Hi @Viviana Paola Gómez Paneso,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Currently Epics have two statuses, one is the workflow status and the other is the "hidden" epic status. In order to remove done epics from the backlog you have to change the epic status to done. If you right-click on them you should see an option to do that.

Note that this is changing, epic status is going away as part of the changes that is being done to remove epic links and use parent links instead. You can learn more about this overhaul here

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Hello @Viviana Paola Gómez Paneso 

Adding to @Mikael Sandberg reply, I avoid having to manually use that Mark As Done option by creating a workflow that is only for Epic issues. In that workflow I update each transition so that the transitions to "done" statuses include a Post Function to set the Epic Status field to Done, and the transitions to "not done" statuses include a Post Function to set the Epic Status field to "To Do".

Like # people like this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2022

Another option to having a separate workflow is to use automation to set the epic status to done.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Viviana Paola Gómez Paneso September 16, 2022

Mikael and Trudy thank you so much! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events